Just like a human, asking a computer to carry out many tasks at once will cause each to be performed more slowly. Therefore, to ease the workload you should remove any programmes which are no longer in use. This is very easy to do on both Windows and Mac operating systems, and can make a big difference to the performance of your computer.
1. Click on the Windows Icon in the bottom left corner of the screen, then on to Settings .
2. In the Windows Settings window, click on Apps .
3. Select the Apps and Features tab, then browse the programmes for those that you do not use. Click on the name of the application and then an Uninstall button will be revealed. If this button is greyed out, then this is a system programme which cannot be uninstalled. However, non-essential apps will have the option to uninstall. Be careful when uninstalling, however, as the programme and associated data will not be able to be retrieved.
An alternative way to uninstall programmes on Windows is the traditional way, by using the Control Panel.
A. Start to type Control Panel into the search bar, usually located in the bottom left of the screen in Windows 10. The shortcut to the Control Panel will appear, and by clicking it you will be taken to the Control Panel window.
B. Select the Programmes and Features link.
C. Browse through the installed applications and select one which you would like to uninstall. Then, click on the Uninstall button towards the top of the window.
1. Open a Finder window by clicking on the icon in your Dock or through Launchpad.
2. Click on the Applications tab then browse for any programmes that you would like to uninstall.
3. Select the programme, then in the top toolbar click on File then on to Move to Trash. You can also do this by pressing the Command and Delete keys together.
4. This will send the application to the Trash, where it will be permanently stored. In order to completely remove the programme from your device, right click or click and hold onto the trash icon in the Dock. Then, select the Empty Trash option.
Beware when deleting any application using any of these methods as they are permanent and you may not be able to recover stored data. You can re-install the programme in the same way that you installed the programme originally, but stored specifics may not be able to be recovered.
If your business is still facing issues with slow computers, call SeaBro IT on 01702 41 31 70 for advice and support.